Re: Radio or Radial buttons?

Subject: Re: Radio or Radial buttons?
From: Bob Gembey <bob -at- SUPERNOVA -dot- NL>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 19:33:13 +0200

It's definitely a RADIO button. They are named after the buttons on
(older) car radios -- you push one in, and the others go out. Maybe you
should check the Apple site or the Xerox Palo Alto site -- I think the term
originated there (I first encountered them in the Apple Macintosh when
Windows was just a twinkle in Bill Gates' eye).

<<What do you call the little round circles which you click on to make a
in a dialog box? I have always heard them called radial buttons. One of my
developers marked it as "radio" instead and, after doing some research, I
have found out there really is such a thing. Are either of these standard
terms? Is there a difference?>>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: Dev. Cycle and the Manual
Next by Author: Re: UK/US English - What to do?
Previous by Thread: Re: Radio or Radial buttons?
Next by Thread: Re: Radio or Radial buttons?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads