Re: Radio or Radial buttons?

Subject: Re: Radio or Radial buttons?
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 13:47:07 -0400


Radio or option button depends on which style guide you are using, Apple's,
Microsoft's or your own creation. I understand both terms. I find many users
don't connect either term with that button style--they assume it is a
"button" or check box.

I use option button because I use the MS style guide, now. you could always
insert a cutesy little bitmap in line with the text, instead of using words

sean -at- quodata -dot- com

>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>From: Bob Gembey [mailto:bob -at- SUPERNOVA -dot- NL]
>>>Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 1999 1:33 PM
>>>To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
>>>Subject: Re: Radio or Radial buttons?
>>>It's definitely a RADIO button. They are named after the buttons on
>>>(older) car radios -- you push one in, and the others go
>>>out. Maybe you
>>>should check the Apple site or the Xerox Palo Alto site -- I
>>>think the term
>>>originated there

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: MS Word 97-98 problems
Next by Author: Re: Advice Requested: "What part of this is yours?"
Previous by Thread: Re: Radio or Radial buttons?
Next by Thread: Re: Radio or Radial buttons?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads