Re: Need advice - being criticized for helping

Subject: Re: Need advice - being criticized for helping
From: "Caroline Briggs (Pachaud) (Exchange)" <carolinp -at- EXCHANGE -dot- MICROSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 21:21:22 -0700

I agree that most jobs are filled by people who network, and I don't think
that's a bad thing. I certainly don't think that using one's professional
contacts, even at one remove, qualify as laziness. I would not
indiscriminately pass on job leads, though. After all, your reputation is at
stake, right? If you let someone use your name as a reference, even just to
get a foot in the door, you're saying that you believe the person is
reliable, qualified, etc.

Caroline

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=