Re: skill level & what to include on resume

Subject: Re: skill level & what to include on resume
From: "Mason, Catheryn" <CMason -at- INFINITEC-COM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 08:46:15 -0500

Gail:
You asked: "What skill level should I have with an operating system or
software program before I include it on my resume?"

I struggled with this one myself when I last updated my resume -- I didn't
want to cheat my chances and make it appear that I was less software
literate than I am, but neither did I want to overstate my proficiency with
certain programs. I ended up separating my software experience into two
categories on the resume -- Substantial Experience, and Limited Experience.
This should let a potential employer know that I am proficient in Word and
Paint Shop Pro, for example, but have less experience with Access. Works
for me -- hope you find a solution that works for you too.

Catheryn Mason, Technical Writer
Infinitec Communications
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Winner, 1999 IABC Bronze Quill Award of Excellence for Technical Writing

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=