Re: A GUI terminology question

Subject: Re: A GUI terminology question
From: Bonnie Granat <bgranat -at- LYNX -dot- DAC -dot- NEU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 08:35:17 -0400

"Mark L. Levinson" wrote:
> I have a GUI terminology question. Likely you're familiar with tabbed
> pages: at any given time, you see one page complete with tab, plus the
> tabs for all the other pages in the series; clicking on any tab brings
> its page to the front.
> Maybe you've seen a window that works the same except with icons
> instead of tabs? Rather than being attached to a tab, each page is
> represented by an icon in a bar next to where the pages are stacked,
> and clicking on any icon brings its page to the front.
> If you call the tabbed pages tabbed pages, what do you call the
> tabless tabbed pages that are controlled by the icons?

"The <name of icon> page" is what I'd call it. If that
didn't work and there's one single word that effectively
identifies the page, I'd use that in place of <name of
icon>. For example, if there's a magnifying glass as an icon
(no words), I'd say "the Search page".

Bonnie Granat
Technical Editor
Parametric Technology Corporation

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: Advice Sought: supervising an extreme novice
Next by Author: Re: A GUI terminology question
Previous by Thread: Tops Down or Bottoms Up
Next by Thread: A GUI terminology question

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads