A GUI terminology question

Subject: A GUI terminology question
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <mark -at- MEMCO -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 15:10:09 +0200

I have a GUI terminology question. Likely you're familiar with tabbed
pages: at any given time, you see one page complete with tab, plus the
tabs for all the other pages in the series; clicking on any tab brings
its page to the front.

Maybe you've seen a window that works the same except with icons
instead of tabs? Rather than being attached to a tab, each page is
represented by an icon in a bar next to where the pages are stacked,
and clicking on any icon brings its page to the front.

If you call the tabbed pages tabbed pages, what do you call the
tabless tabbed pages that are controlled by the icons?

Mark L. Levinson - Memco Ltd. - Wallenberg 24 - 69719 Tel Aviv - Israel
tel. 03-6450049 (home 09-9552411 or 09-9555720, shoe phone 051-377181)
fax 03-6450001, e-mail mark -at- memco -dot- co -dot- il (home nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il)
Work shouldn't hurt. Fight repetitive stress injuries:
International RSI Awareness Day 29 Feb 2000, http://www.ctdrn.org/rsiday/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Translation and CL-Controlled Languages ....
Next by Author: re Stamp Out the Wrong It's
Previous by Thread: Re: A GUI terminology question
Next by Thread: Re: A GUI terminology question

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads