Re: Acrobat 4.0 Good News/Bad News

Subject: Re: Acrobat 4.0 Good News/Bad News
From: David Knopf <david -at- KNOPF -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 11:06:44 -0700

Hirschi, Philip wrote:

| I just found an annoying problem with Acrobat 4.0. If you use the
| Text Select Tool to select some text in a PDF, and then copy it, and then
| paste it into Word, Notepad, Wordpad, or Outlook mail, the letter "c"
| disappears. Unfortunately I am not joking about this. Spacing around
| punctuation disappears as well, and who knows what else. I find myself
| typing "c" back into snippets that I'm mailing off to testers so
| they won't
| think I'm illiterate.

Interesting. I can't duplicate it, though. After copying from Acrobat and
pasting into Notepad, all occurrences of the letter 'c' and all spacing
around punctuation are intact.

Hmmm.

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415-820-2356
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

RoboHELP Certified Trainer & Consultant
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer

Hands-on RoboHELP training classes
every month in Chicago, Dallas & San Francisco

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=