Re: Converting Word Winhelp files to FrameMaker 5.5.6

Subject: Re: Converting Word Winhelp files to FrameMaker 5.5.6
From: David Knopf <david -at- KNOPF -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 12:49:56 -0700

Gemmell,Dal asked:

| Does anyone have any experience with converting Winhelp RTF help files to
| Frame? Last year we upgraded one of our products, but at that time
| management decided not to upgrade the manual. However we still
| made updates
| to the online help file. So now our existing hard copy
| documentation is out
| of sync with our online help and the software.
|
| Now my boss would like to create a 3.2 manual and switch the manual from
| Word to Frame and I have been asked to convert the Winhelp RTF files to
| Frame. However, we do want to perform the task without investing in any
| extra software. Any words of wisdom are appreciated.

Are you using a help authoring tool? The process depends on whether you use
a HAT and, if so, which one.

Regards,

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415-820-2356
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

RoboHELP Certified Trainer & Consultant
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer

Hands-on RoboHELP training classes
every month in Chicago, Dallas & San Francisco

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=