TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
JOB: San Mateo, CA -- Programming Documentation, Two New Technical Writers Needed
Subject:JOB: San Mateo, CA -- Programming Documentation, Two New Technical Writers Needed From:Mary Anthony <mary -at- PERSISTENCE -dot- COM> Date:Tue, 11 May 1999 12:06:14 -0700
Persistence Software is the leading provider of transactional application
servers for developing, deploying, and managing enterprise thin-client
applications. Programmers use Persistence products to develop and deploy
CORBA and Enterprise JavaBeans applications on NT or UNIX.
Technical writers at Persistence:
- Design, specify, and write documentation intended for programmers
- Participate in the product specification and design process
- Work directly with engineers on a peer-to-peer basis
- Work with and understand the Persistence PowerTier products
- Produce printed documentation and online (HTML Help, Java Help, and PDF)
- Use C++ or Java source code to write new and check existing sample code
- Work as a team to develop documentation plans and schedules
We are seeking to fill two new technical writer positions as part of a
company expansion. The skills of the ideal candidate for either of
these positions are as follows:
- 5+ years writing documentation for programmers
- Experience with Framemaker, Quadralay Webworks, and HTML
- Knowledge of relational database management systems
- Knowledge of object oriented concepts, Java, and C++
Candidates who do not meet the ideal but who can demonstrate technical
ability, a dynamic attitude, and excellent writing skills will also be
Persistence Software compensates employees with a competitive
package of base salary, bonus, and stock grant. All standard benefits
are included. Relocation packages are available for qualified
Please send current resume and a cover letter to jobs -at- persistence -dot- com -dot-
ASCII, PDF, RTF, Framemaker formats accepted.