Re: Units of Scroll

Subject: Re: Units of Scroll
From: "Campbell, Art" <artc -at- NORTHCHURCH -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 17:41:12 -0400

I'd "nudge" the map display...


Art Campbell
Technical Publications
Northchurch Communications
Five Corporate Drive
Andover, MA 01810
978 691-6344

-----Original Message-----
From: Kathy Ellis [mailto:kathy -at- TIBINC -dot- COM]
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 1999 5:38 PM
Subject: Units of Scroll

Okay, here's a weird one for the brain trust...

I'm documenting the user interface for a mapping system. The company we are
a subcontractor for uses the terms "unit" and "page" to describe moving
around the screen. For example, you can move the map a little bit to the
right, and you've panned by a "unit." If you move the map a lot, then
you've panned by a "page." The big problem with these terms is that we also
have police and fire units thrown into the jargon as well as real pages of

I also need to quantify the amount that these commands move the map on the
screen. Moving by "page" is equivalent to clicking in the gray area of a
Windows scroll bar. Moving by "unit" is equivalent to clicking the scroll
arrow on the Windows scroll bar.

What I'd like to be able to say is, "Use the yada, yada command to move the
map by ..........(the little unit of scrolling)."

Does anyone know if there is a term and a measurement of screen movement
for a click in the scroll bar and for a click of the scroll arrow?


From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: Adobe Acrobat version 4 question
Next by Author: Re: 'Prepend' isn't a word, is it?
Previous by Thread: Units of Scroll
Next by Thread: Re: Units of Scroll

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads