Re: 'Prepend' isn't a word, is it?

Subject: Re: 'Prepend' isn't a word, is it?
From: Robert Heath <robert -dot- heath -at- FRITZ -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 10:39:04 -0700

Steven,

I have never seen this word, and the prefix does not excite me that much.
It not only means "in front of" but "before in time," and one obviously
cannot attach a document before one attaches it.

I looked around for a better prefix and came up with "sur-", which strictly
means "on, upon." It seems more a propos, since the action described is
attaching a document to the front page of another. I don't know, however,
how catchy "surpend" will seem to other people. It certainly doesn't tickle
me pink.

Cheers.
Robert
Robert Heath