Re: Should I Say Something?

Subject: Re: Should I Say Something?
From: Theresa Jakupco <tsjz -at- EROLS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 13:03:41 -0400

John Posada wrote:

> NO.

. . .
> > When I sat down to read what they had written I
> > found quite a few mistakes. It occurred to me that I
> > could correct them of say nothing. I want the job
> > and I'm not sure that saying anything would help.
>
> If you aren't sure it would help, then don't. You are
> already there for the interview, so get the job based
> on that interview, based on previous situations that
> you know something about. Not knowing the environment,
> the pecking order, the procedues, and processes, you
> could end up screwing yourself out of the job. What if
> what you critique something that was written by the
> person you are interviewing with and he was real proud
> of that content?

If the person I'm interviewing with is too proud to accept "constructive
criticism," then I probably wouldn't want to work for that person in the
first place. I doubt that I would learn much in such an organization,
except to keep my thoughts to myself and "go with the flow."

Then again, if you're willing to work for such a person, go for it!

Theresa Jakupco
tsjz -at- erols -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=