Re: Lengthy Resumes

Subject: Re: Lengthy Resumes
From: MAGGIE SECARA <SECARAM -at- MAINSAVER -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 14:05:37 -0700

Along with many useful things Roy Anderson wrote:

<snip>
Don't include specific years on a skills-based resume or you'll
date yourself. As I have learned to my chagrin, there is substantial
age
discrimination in today's markets.

<snip2>
Never provide extraneous personal details which might cause you to
be
excluded from consideration because of a hiring person's prejudices.
Never disclose any information which may provide clues about your
age,

I tried leaving my degree date(s) off the resume, then someone pointed out
that the only people who do that are people who are trying to disguise their
age. So in fact, it sort of backfired. I put the dates back. I can't tell if
it matters or not. I do keep working.

Maggie Secara

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=