proper name for a toolbar button

Subject: proper name for a toolbar button
From: SUSAN <Susan -dot- Schwartz -at- PROJECTMATRIX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 09:35:23 -0400

Hello Everyone:

I am documenting an application that contains a toolbar with a
button that when depressed a "flyout" toolbar appears beneath the
button. The user then selects the button they need from the flyout and
it becomes the active button. I am trying to determine the proper name
for the flyout. Is it a subtoolbar? Flyout toolbar? I checked the
Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications and the closest
thing they had were submenus. What do you think?

Thanks in advance,


From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: file types - please identify
Next by Author: Re: deadline question
Previous by Thread: FAO Nortel Networks writers - making contact
Next by Thread: Re: proper name for a toolbar button

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads