Re: proper name for a toolbar button

Subject: Re: proper name for a toolbar button
From: Virginia_Day -at- DATACARD -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 09:05:13 -0500

Susan Schwartz says:

I am documenting an application that contains a toolbar with a
button that when depressed a "flyout" toolbar appears beneath the
button. The user then selects the button they need from the flyout and
it becomes the active button. I am trying to determine the proper name
for the flyout. Is it a subtoolbar? Flyout toolbar? I checked the
Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications and the closest
thing they had were submenus. What do you think?

The button calling the "flyout toolbar" should have a name. Can you call the
flyout toolbar by that name?
For example, in a graphics package, I might have a Color button on the Main
toolbar. When I click it, the Color toolbar appears beneath the Main toolbar.

HTH, Virginia

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: Summary: Documenting a **** user interface feature
Next by Author: Using Contractions in Software Manuals
Previous by Thread: proper name for a toolbar button
Next by Thread: Deadline : Thanks

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads