Technical Editing

Subject: Technical Editing
From: Melonie Holliman <melonie -dot- holliman -at- TXEXMTA4 -dot- AMD -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 13:41:33 -0500

Howdy,

I was talking with a young friend of mine last night. She is still in
college (going on her senior year) and is trying to find a job for
the summer. She desperately would like to enter the editing field,
ideally technical editing, but believes she will not qualify since
she has no technical background. Do any of you know good
basic sites on technical editing so that she can find out
more about the field? Is it Judith Tarutz who produced that
excellent book about technical editing?

Also, if anyone wants a technical editor intern in Austin, I will
be glad to pass your name on to her.

Melonie R. Holliman
Technical Writer
CPD Marketing