Re: Microsoft rules on navigate vs. explore?

Subject: Re: Microsoft rules on navigate vs. explore?
From: "Hirschi, Philip" <PHirschi -at- FILENET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 14:17:10 -0700

Geoff Hart writes: "To me, the first issue here is why anyone would consider
using the Microsoft style guide in the first place." The reason my company
uses it (not religiously by any means!) is that Microsoft makes the
operating OS and DB environments my company has chosen to concentrate on.

BTW, I was unable to find any advice about avoiding the term "navigate" in
favor of "explore" in the winhelp version of the Microsoft Manual of Style,
whose accompanying readme is dated October 1995. Has anyone actually seen
the cited entry?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=