Online Windows Guidelines for Software Design

Subject: Online Windows Guidelines for Software Design
From: "Wollenberger, David" <David -dot- Wollenberger -at- STERLING -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 16:29:14 -0700

I am documenting an application that runs under windows and the developers
are attempting to adhere to the guidelines established and published by
Microsoft in their book The Windows Interface Guidelines for Software
Design. Do many of you use this also to check on your developers. I have
questions such as "If it is Status Bar, then is it Tool Bar or Toolbar?"
Obviously, it is Toolbar, but I found that out by pulling the View menu down
in Outlook. In this case, the answer was easy to find, but in the next case,
it might not be so easy. I want a guide that will tell me this type of info
quickly, which means online. Does anyone use an online version of this
publication, or do you just use the MS Manual of Style for these issues (and
BTW, the online MS Manual had no listing for Toolbar).

Thanks,

David

David Wollenberger

Technical Writer

Sterling Software, Inc. * Information Management Division
5900 Canoga Ave * Woodland Hills, CA 91367
(818) 716-1637, x270 * FAX: (818) 703-8529

david -dot- wollenberger -at- sterling -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=