Re: Grease ZERK or ZIRC?

Subject: Re: Grease ZERK or ZIRC?
From: Hollister Technical Services <Holtec -at- COMITY -dot- DEMON -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 23:48:32 +0100

In article <m10n2zy-000BM2C -at- mail -dot- GTS -dot- ORG>, Michael Aimino
<maimino -at- ALLTEL -dot- NET> writes

Your comments below betray my ignorance of specific things mechanical
(though not I think of 'English as she is spoke').

>On 27 May 99 at 9:58, Peter Jones wrote:
>| In article <m10mjWj-000BM2C -at- mail -dot- GTS -dot- ORG>, Marci Abels
>| <mabels -at- SKYJACKINC -dot- COM> writes
>| >We always use Grease fitting. Zerk is, indeed jargon, and in our =
>| >company, we have found that it is not a term know well be
>| >non-English = speaking people.
>| Make that non-American speaking...

>The instruction manual for my English-made 1961 International B-275
>tractor, which was printed in England (deduced from the use of "tyre"
>and "colour"), uses "zerk" for grease fittings. Perhaps this jargon
>was more common in England in the past?

Peter Jones

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: Prepend? If it's not in the dictionary, just say no!
Next by Author: Job: Atlanta Techwriter
Previous by Thread: Re: Grease ZERK or ZIRC?
Next by Thread: Online Windows Guidelines for Software Design

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads