Re: Grease ZERK or ZIRC?

Subject: Re: Grease ZERK or ZIRC?
From: Michael Aimino <maimino -at- ALLTEL -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 12:16:04 -0500

On 27 May 99 at 9:58, Peter Jones wrote:

> In article <m10mjWj-000BM2C -at- mail -dot- GTS -dot- ORG>, Marci Abels
> <mabels -at- SKYJACKINC -dot- COM> writes
> >We always use Grease fitting. Zerk is, indeed jargon, and in our =
> >company, we have found that it is not a term know well be
> >non-English = speaking people.
> Make that non-American speaking...
> --
> Peter Jones

The instruction manual for my English-made 1961 International B-275
tractor, which was printed in England (deduced from the use of "tyre"
and "colour"), uses "zerk" for grease fittings. Perhaps this jargon
was more common in England in the past?

Mike Aimino

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: New Chapter On Right/Leave Left Page Blank
Next by Author: Problem with ...
Previous by Thread: Re: Grease ZERK or ZIRC?
Next by Thread: Re: Grease ZERK or ZIRC?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads