Intentionally left blank

Subject: Intentionally left blank
From: Jan Bishop <JBishop -at- HACH -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 09:00:02 -0600

As far as I know, this phrase originated at IBM when they were first
beginning to work with electronic manuals. It was a check on the equipment.

I was working on contract there at the time. The manuals were developed,
checked, and sent out without removing the Blank blurb. I suppose it spread
from there to the IBM sycophants and thence into general usage. I will not
put it in anything with my name on it. :-)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=