TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
To apply for a position, send a formated resume (named First_Lastname.doc)
to jm -at- ClarityAuthoring -dot- com -dot-
====================== New Jobs Listings ====================
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Title: Senior Technical Writer (staff)
Research, write, and edit online documentation to describe the API of
state-of-the-art image acquisition software.
· Good understanding of Microsoft programming tools and programming
· Experience with RoboHELP and publishing tools a plus
· Experience writing programs in Visual Basic, C++, or another
· Minimum 5 years experience in a technical writing/documentation environment
· Associate's or bachelor's degree in English or a technical field preferred
· Equivalent experience considered
LEADING DATABASE CORPORATION seeks an experienced technical
writer with object-oriented programming knowledge to write online
and printed developer documentation for its Documentation Platforms
and Standards team.
· Assemble and write API documentation for core products, services
· Help develop innovative ways of structuring and presenting cross-
product documentation using HTML, XML, and the web
· Derive and evangelize editorial and architectural standards for
company documentation and help.
· Degree/Major: BA/BS in technical or communications field, or equivalent
· 5+ years experience as a technical writer
· Strong knowledge of, and 3+ years experience documenting, relational
or object database technology, tools, and applications
· 3+ years experience writing system-level/API documentation aimed
· Reading knowledge of C, C++, Java and Perl programming languages,
and ability to read and test sample programs
· Familiarity with online documentation methods and tools, including
FrameMaker, HTML, web-based publishing, online help, and Adobe Acrobat
· Familiarity with SGML and/or XML a plus
· Familiarity with Windows NT and Unix operating environments.
====================== Other Jobs Listings ====================
Location: Orange County (Tustin), CA or Raleigh, NC
Title: Technical Proposal Writer