Re: Interview from Hell

Subject: Re: Interview from Hell
From: Bob Gembey <bob -at- SUPERNOVA -dot- NL>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:16:25 +0200

Just out of college, and checking the want ads in NYC. So this employment
agency guy checks my resume (BA in English), and tells me I just wasted
four years of my life learning useless skills.

My first interview, though, is with a tee-shirt manufacturer in the garment
district. Some loft, reached via a freight elevator. I'm guessing I'll be
the only person there who won't run when the immigration authorities show
up. He says to me "I'm looking for someone who wants to dedicate his life
to tee-shirts." I blink, think for a minute, and answer -- "I want to be
a poet."

A couple of job interviews later, though, I've figured it out. A
manufacturer of jeans for women is interviewing me, and I tell him "I've
always wanted to get into girl's pants." He offered me the job.

Bob ;-)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=