Re: Interview from hell

Subject: Re: Interview from hell
From: "Wolfe, William J. CER" <w-wolfe -at- CECER -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 08:25:25 -0500

Just a suggestion:

There's no law that says you can't call one of your interviewers and ask --
straightforwardly -- why you were not selected.

I would explain that I thought I was well qualified for and sincerely
interested in the job, and that I simply wanted to improve my abilities to
interview for a like position. I'd make sure that there wasn't so much as a
hint of anger or frustration in my voice, and I'd be careful to listen
patiently to whatever was said -- no interruption or argument, no matter how
badly I felt about the situation.

Then, as a postscript, if I still wondered about the age issue, I'd ask if
age (or anything else) had been a consideration. Finally, I thank them for
their time, and ask them to keep my resume on file -- just in case they'd
like to reconsider me for this (or another similar) position.

good luck,
-Bill

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=