Re: Off topic - joke, seriously

Subject: Re: Off topic - joke, seriously
From: "Wolfe, William J. CER" <w-wolfe -at- CECER -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 08:30:38 -0500

I've heard it suggested that the southern y'all is an expression of the
second person plural pronoun -- otherwise missing in English. I've also had
it explained form a southern-Illinoisan that "y'all" is singular, and "all
y'all" is plural. I'd have to get corroboration on this one, since "all
y'all" sounds more emphatic than redundant plural (like the BEV "mens" or
"childrens").

Oh, well,
-Bill

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=