Re: Don't call rejecting interviewer?

Subject: Re: Don't call rejecting interviewer?
From: Kathryn Northcut <KNorthcut -at- TASC -dot- USDA -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:05:46 -0600

Jan wrote: FWIW, if I received your call I would give you short shrift. And
look unfavorably on any further contact. Here's why.

1. Always remember WIFM.
2. You've interrupted me to put me on the spot.
3. I will never tell you my selection had anything to do with age, or any
other
discrimination, unless I am looking for a law suit.
4. I will give you an evasive and/or vague response. ...

This is so disheartening! I will soon be in the interviewee chair again. I
know my skills, job history, and education wouldn't measure up to those
of many on this list. I may need some guidance on which aspects to
develop so that someday I may be employed again, even if it means more
education or switching careers (again) for a while. How will I learn what
it takes to get the job if I can't ask the people not hiring me? (I'm relocating
to a place without much high-tech industry, a student-only STC chapter,
and no industry connections.) Before I read Jan's post, I had every
intention of calling rejecters, but now I'm having second thoughts.

Kathy

PS What is WIFM?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=