Job: Atlanta Techwriter

Subject: Job: Atlanta Techwriter
From: "Turner, Holly (ISSAtlanta)" <HTurner -at- ISS -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 15:23:06 -0400

Hello, I posted these openings several weeks ago, but I'd like to post it
again for anyone that may have missed it...

We have several job openings in the Atlanta (Perimeter) area for
full-time, permanent writers. Our products are technical, client-server
applications. We write for a techie, administrator-type audience.
Full-time telecommuting is not an option, so you must be willing to relocate
to Atlanta. Applicants must have US or Canadian citizenship because of US
encryption laws. Now, on to the good stuff... :)

Internet Security Systems, Inc. (ISS) is a great place to work. It is the
"pioneer and leading supplier of adaptive security management systems,
providing enterprise-wide information protection software." Although we are
no longer a small, start-up company, we maintain our renegade attitude, and
management is committed to keeping ISS a fun and innovative place to work.

Opportunities abound for professional development. In the Technical
Publications department, we attempt to use the most technologically advanced
tools and formats. Currently, we produce HTMLHelp, WebHelp, and some
WinHelp help systems. We are investigating XML. Our printed documentation
is produced with FrameMaker.

We need writers who:
- are technical,
- crave learning about their products, and
- understand how to translate technical information into something useful
to the reader.

Is that you? :)

The formal job description is at the bottom of this message. If you are
interested in the position, e-mail your resume to me at hturner -at- iss -dot- net -dot-

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=