Re: Indexes, pdfs and Word

Subject: Re: Indexes, pdfs and Word
From: "Derrico, Nancy" <NDerrico -at- RWD -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 21:27:07 -0400

Melonie Holliman asked:

<snip>I have a manual in Word which I decided to keep in separate files. I
used
the RD fields to generate the TOC and the index. Is there anyway to
automatically generate hyperlinks in the index and TOC when I transfer
it to pdf?<snip>

I use a Distiller macro to create a single PDF combining the individual Word
files, including the TOC and index. I then use an Acrobat plug-in called
Compose to link the TOC and index page numbers to their respective pages. I
believe PDFMaker.dot, a freebie you can download from the Adobe Web site,
also automatically links TOCs and indexes but I'm guessing they have to
reside in the same file as the document itself.

Let me know if you're interested in the Compose solution and you need help
locating or using this method.

HTH,
Nancy Derrico
nderrico -at- rwd -dot- com