Problem with Styles in MS Word

Subject: Problem with Styles in MS Word
From: John Hoppe <johnh -at- RADIONICS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 09:35:39 -0400

Well, my department is switching to FrameMaker, partly because of this
ridiculous numbering problem. Short of that, I suggest using Word 6, which
doesn't have this problem (at least I haven't run into it, and I moved from
Word 98 to Word 6 about six months ago and have done a complete manual with
it, including autonumbering).

The long and short of it is that FrameMaker is betterthan Word for handling
long, structured documents with multiple graphics, cross-references,
conditional text (such as numbering), etc. Word just can't keep up with the
complexity.

John