Re: What kind of names do you make up?

Subject: Re: What kind of names do you make up?
From: Shari Scott <SScott -at- COMPLEXIMAGING -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:33:31 -0500

I use lots of different information when making up names. Everything except
my own. Susan Anderson is a reoccurring character in my manuals. I usually
use a combination of names from high school boyfriends, childhood friends,
basically anything that comes to mind. Things like Mickey Mouse are a pet
peeve of mine though. Addresses usually come from streets in the small town
where I grew up.

Here's a good programmer story (and we all love those)...

We were working on a program for a Domestic Relations department in a county
government. Domestic Relations is who you go to if you are suing for child
support, etc. In testing some data entry forms, the programmer used his own
information, including his wife's and all of their financial information!
There was a bug in his control and it didn't clear the entered information
so he ended up compiling the program with all of that information entered!

Shari

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=