Re: Errata for procedures

Subject: Re: Errata for procedures
From: "Metzger, Lucinda" <cmetzger -at- DUKANE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 11:16:48 -0500

We do this as well. We also put the appropriate page number on the
sheet, preceded by an A (e.g. if the sheet corrects page 5, the sheet
shows page number A-5), print the sheet on colored paper, and instruct
the user to stick it in his/her manual. (Our manuals go into 3-ring
binders.) The colored paper makes it stand out, and makes it easier for
tech support to determine whether or not the user has the errata sheet.
("Do ya see any blue sheets in your binder? Ya do? Have you bothered to
READ the blue sheets? It addresses the exact problem you called me
about." But I digress...)