Graphics and Multimedia Techniques

Subject: Graphics and Multimedia Techniques
From: Michael Schiesl <Mpschiesl -at- RA -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:48:05 -0500

Does anyone have any little tips or techniques for to help me produce graphics
or multimedia,
or are there any resources that you would recommend (books, websites, software)?

For instance, when I illustrate a product, I take a digital picture, then trace
the picture. It's faster,
easier, and more appealing than my freehand illustrations. This little
technique has really helped
me in my job... and I would really like to learn some new techniques that will
help me produce
faster quality stuff.

I want to try some multimedia tricks, so I'm taking a digital picture of a
product, then taking a picture
with a component removed, then taking a picture of the component itself. I'm
hoping to simulate
the component removal by transposing the component over the componentless
product picture,
maybe add some little graphics of screws moving or something, then moving the
component off
of the componentless product picture (easier done than said). This is my first
trial at anything like
this, so please don't laugh too hard...

If you have anything for me, I'd be happy to hear about it.

Lots of thanks in advance and have a nice day...

Michael Schiesl
Rockwell Automation Product Documentation

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=