UI Response Delays

Subject: UI Response Delays
From: Scott & Bettina <bbormann -at- NETCOM -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 19:40:58 -0400

Hi all,

I am looking for benchmarks on user interface response delays in
client-server environments, including the Web. What do users consider as
acceptable performance for moving between UI screens, viewing/editing
data, saving data, etc.?

I have done some preliminary research and would like your input. I am
not looking for opinions - only results from usability tests or other
research. I will summarize my findings for the list. Thanks.

Scott

--
Scott Wahl
Customer Documentation & Training