Re: Reprinting a manual before new software version

Subject: Re: Reprinting a manual before new software version
From: Sarah Stegall <stegall -at- TERAYON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:49:34 -0700

Publish the updated new manuals with "Rev B" on the title page
somewhere, and provide update sheets on your website for old customers.
You owe it to new customers to give them the most up-to-date version of
the documentation.

Darren Barefoot wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> Here's today's conundrum: I work for a software development company. In
> December of 1998, we released version x.0 of our product. A newer version
> (x.0 + 1.0) will no doubt be forthcoming some time down the road (at least
> 4-6 months away, I would guess). In the meantime, we are running out of
> manuals and are planning a reprint.
Sarah Stegall Senior Technical Writer
stegall -at- terayon -dot- com Terayon Communication Systems

"I love being a writer, what I can't stand is the paperwork."
-- Peter DeVries

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=