Stick with RoboHelp, or upgrade to something else?

Subject: Stick with RoboHelp, or upgrade to something else?
From: "George F. Hayhoe" <george -at- GHAYHOE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:26:49 -0400

Like Geoff, my version of RoboHelp is not current; I'm also
using version 6, despite those weekly faxes from BlueSky
urging me to upgrade. ;)

I've just installed Office 2000, and I'm not certain whether
RoboHelp 6 will continue to work with the new Word release
since I haven't worked on any WinHelp projects this week. If
it doesn't, I'm going to need to decide whether to upgrade
or not.

ForeHelp, which I've also used for about 5 years, is very
easy to learn (a few hours at most, even less if you're
already a proficient help author). It's got the further
advantage of being a standalone HAT that doesn't depend on a
specific release of Word and doesn't require me to own a
copy of a specific word processor, although Word happens to
be my word processor of choice.

Although I recently upgraded to the latest version of
ForeHelp, the major releases of this product (one every 18
months or so) are much more widely spaced than major
releases of RoboHelp (one every 6 months).

--George (george -at- ghayhoe -dot- com)

George Hayhoe Associates
Voice: +1 (803) 642-2156
Fax: +1 (803) 642-9325
http://www.ghayhoe.com

Winner
APEX '98 Award for Publication Excellence

Awards of Distinguished Technical Communication
South Carolina/Carolina Foothills STC Chapters
1998-99 Technical Publications Competition

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=