Re: HUMOR: Survey of recent TECHWR-L Posts

Subject: Re: HUMOR: Survey of recent TECHWR-L Posts
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 08:27:23 -0700

Me too.

That mean post made me cry.

Those poor people are just asking questions because they are unable to do
their jobs by themselves.

Shame on you, taking advantage of their obvious technical weakness.

I am going to wipe the tears out of my eyes and get back to work now.

-Barry (crying in Portland, or is that just a leak in the ceiling?)

> From: Backer, Corinne [SMTP:CBacker -at- GLHEC -dot- ORG]
> That's the way I felt, too. I don't think we need this type of chilling
> effect on such a great resource. It could have been funny - but it wasn't,
> it was cruel.
>
> > From: Bonnie Granat
> > Subject: Re: HUMOR: Survey of recent TECHWR-L Posts
> > It might have been funny had he not parodied _real_ people with _real_
> > questions. He mocked them, and
> > I always find mocking extremely ugly. Perhaps you're not familiar with
> the
> > poster; I can find no other
> > reason for your thinking this was funny. If it were totally fiction, it
> > _might_ be funny. But he took
> > _real_ people and _real_ problems and treated them with his typical
> > disrespect. I mean no offense, but
> > I am stunned anyone could enjoy his sick put-downs of sincere people who
> > post here.
> >
> > "Frick, Geri" wrote:
> > > What a wit. I passed this around to my co-workers. I may be strange,
> but
> > it made me laugh. Thanks.
> > >
> > > Geri Frick
> > > Technical Communicator
> > > Delivery Systems Certification & Training
> > > The Boeing Company
> > >
> > > Those who say it cannot be done should
> > > not interrupt the person doing it.
> > > - Chinese proverb