Re: HUMOR: Survey of recent TECHWR-L Posts

Subject: Re: HUMOR: Survey of recent TECHWR-L Posts
From: Kat Nagel <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 23:18:01 -0400

Mr. Plato posted the following job announcement:
>We have an opening right now for an Intermediate Level Kitten Snuggler,
>
>REQUIREMENTS
>
>- RoboKitten 6.1.1.1.2.45.5.23.2.21.1.1.1.1.34.54.4 Alpha
>- Certification in Kitten Nuzzling and Advanced Knead theory
>- PurrPerfect 5.0
>- ClawSite.
>- HissMaker
>- WhizShop 59.0
>
>Please include a cover page, a hairball, and a complete set of everything you
>ever wrote enscribed on a slab of shale. Failure to abide by these rules will
>result in instantaneous execution.

Why on earth are you asking for outdated software versions?
Any self-respecting HRcritter should know that the current version
of Clawsite is 0.0.0.4f, and it's demeaning to be expected to be
familiar with old stuff.

And I didn't see a location in your SUBJECT title. Do you really expect
us to read all the way to the 13th paragraph to find out you're in some
little town on the other side of the last gas station in rural Alfalfa?

Finally, knowing that you are professional enough to maintain a positive
attitude in the face of irrelevant abuse, I am sending you the cover page and
hairball. The complete set of everything I ever wrote would fill up 3 slabs of
shale, so I inscribed it on the head of a pin. Your company -does- keep
up with the latest technology, doesn't it?

K@ katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
I have this sudden image of Lucy---you know, Lucy from
Olduvai Gorge---looking at her parents, and saying, "Oh,
what's the POINT?!" --The Trinker, alt.callahans, 4/99

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=