Re: viewing a post script file

Subject: Re: viewing a post script file
From: Joe Schrengohst <jschreng -at- CISCO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:22:00 -0700

Brian,

Ghostview and Acrobat Distiller, which others have
recommended, allow you to view an "interpreted"
Postscript file (i.e., you see the PS file the way a
Postcript printer would interpret it and print it out.)

If you want to actually "view [raw] Postscript files,"
you can use any ASCII text editor (a Postscript file
is plain ASCII text that must be "interpreted" to be
printed). Of course, if you don't know Postscript
programming, most of what you see will look like,
---- well, it looks like a Postscript program.

Unless you are well versed in Postscript programming,
I would strongly recommend that you not "dabble" in
Postscript files.

At 01:51 PM 6/23/99 -0400, Brian Doonan wrote:
>Could someone please recommend a good, and possibly free, program where I could
>view post script files?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Brian
>

>From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==