Navigation in online help

Subject: Navigation in online help
From: Andrew Nichols <nicho1ab -at- JMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 23:58:17 -0400

I am creating online software documentation in which I hope to have a frame on the left side for navigation. I found a script that allows me to create a collapsable tree structure similar to Windows Explorer, but after investing several hours in fine-tuning, I discovered it works only on IE.

Does anyone know of a good source for such a script that is cross browser compatible, or perhaps even a good example.

TIA
Andrew