Re: Word Master Documents

Subject: Re: Word Master Documents
From: "Jessica N. Lange" <jlange -at- OEE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 07:32:52 -0400

Graham,

You'll get lots of messages warning against Word's Master Document
"feature". I do lots of long manuals without using Master Document;
if you need some help in creating TOC & Index using RD fields,
just ask.

You may also want to look into a macro suited from Tech-Tav:

"The TECH-TAV macro suite is used world-wide to replace features and
automate work in Word for Windows 6/7/'97. It completely replaces the Master
Document, AutoNumbering, AutoHeadingNumbering, Insert Captions, and Insert
Cross-Reference features. "

I have not used this, but have heard good things about it--
where, I don't remember--it's been a while!--but I kept
the URL just in case:

http://www.tech-tav.com/Templates.htm

HTH
Jessica

Jessica N. Lange mailto:jlange -at- oee -dot- com
Technical Communicator, Ohio Electronic Engravers, Inc.