Conversion of cross references and hyperlinks

Subject: Conversion of cross references and hyperlinks
From: Krista Kostuch <kkostuch -at- TOTALSYSTEM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 14:01:32 -0400

Question posted:

First of all, let it be known that this is not a problem my group is having, but
one of another documentation group in the company. My group is fortunate to be
using FrameMaker for our documentation; however, the group of which this concern
stemmed, is using Word.

They are creating a PDF from a Word document and found that the cross references
and hyperlinks do not carry over. Is there a way to recreate these within the
PDF, or is there a special tool they need in order to make this happen? The PDF
was created using Acrobat. Please respond if you have an answer to this.

Sorry if this question has been posted before. I'm sure it's a common question
out there. Thanks!

Yes, you can do this using Exchange.

Go to Tools --> Link, then draw a little box around the part you want linked
and enter your information in the dialog boxes.

Lisa.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The problem you are encountering is a Word problem - you have to create the
links in Acrobat for them to come out correctly in PDF. We are using
Acrobat 4 and there is a link option to use - I'm certain earlier versions
of Acrobat have this as well.

We aren't even putting the links in Word anymore because it is wasted work
if you are creating a PDF document since you have to reinsert the links in
Acrobat anyways.

Hope this helps,

Mary

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=