Re: Conversion of cross references and hyperlinks

Subject: Re: Conversion of cross references and hyperlinks
From: Janet Valade <janetv -at- SYSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 13:46:34 -0700

>Well, I've only tried to use it a couple of times, but it worked
for me
>then. I can't attest to its performance in any really trying
projects,
>however. Maybe somebody else can offer some feedback...

I have a problem, but it's probably because I do something unusual.
I have a product name that we put in the documentation in stylized fashion.
It is one word, but part of it is italicized and it used two different sized
fonts. PDFMaker reformats these in a rather odd, unacceptable way, even
though Distiller has no problem with it. I haven't had time yet to try some
solutions.

Otherwise, PDFMaker was great. Put those links right in.

Janet

Janet Valade
Technical Writer
Systech Corp, San Diego, CA
mailto:janetv -at- systech -dot- com

> >It sounds wonderful, but I seem to remember quite a few people cautioning
> >against
> >using PDFmaker. Is it a good program? Will it really do what it says it
> >does?
> >
> >Melonie R. Holliman
> >Technical Writer
> >CPD Marketing