Re: Pc v. Mac

Subject: Re: Pc v. Mac
From: Janet Valade <janetv -at- SYSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:53:01 -0700

>Does anyone have any experience or firm figures on performing such
>conversion for Frame, Page and Word documents? Some have suggested
that
>there is no reason to worry about compatibility between platforms
for these
>applications today, but what about older versions? How old?

Where I work, everything used to be done on Mac, but now most things
are done on a PC. I do my manuals on a PC in Word. However, every so often,
for some reason, I need to do something with an older manual. They were done
in an older version of PageMaker on a Mac. They cannot be directly moved
into the newer version of PageMaker on the PC. First, they must be run
through a conversion utility. The utility is free, on the Adobe web site.
But it is an extra step required to move from the older to the newer PM
version when going across platforms.

Janet

Janet Valade
Technical Writer