Looking for magazine suggestions?

Subject: Looking for magazine suggestions?
From: Geoff Hart <Geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:50:10 -0400

Paul Branchaud, with the ironic e-mail address of
ZEROKNOWLEDGE.COM <g>, knows <<...of only a small
handful of magazines that appeal to Technical Writers, and I
was wondering if my more informed counterparts could
suggest some good mags>>

Best bet is to specifically identify skills you want to improve
and then ask us for magazines that deal with those particular
skills. I personally like being a member of the Society for
Technical Communication because for a relatively low price
(ca. $95 U.S.), you get both a journal (Technical
Communication) and an excellent monthly magazine
(Intercom). Plus there are the various SIGs, which provide
quarterly newsletters for an additional fee of $5 per SIG, and
various other membership benefits. Can't beat that!

Other useful techwhirler journals:
- IEEE Transactions in Professional Communication
- Journal of Technical Writing and Communication

--Geoff Hart @8^{)} Pointe-Claire, Quebec
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"Though the editor is the author's ally, she should never forget that
she is also the reader's first line of defense."--Shoshanna Green

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=