Create bookmarks from existing PDFs

Subject: Create bookmarks from existing PDFs
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 11:33:49 -0700

Hi, people...I posted this question to the PDFZone
list this morning and got no replies, so I thought I'd
give you'all a crack at it.

When I came to this contract last Feb, they were
using Word to create software documentation. I
introduced Frame since the document I was contracted
to produce is well over 500 pages, with several
hundred screen captures.

Since the document is reviewed by three different
groups in three different parts of the world, I
started distributing the drafts in PDF. This worked
out fine and most of them were familiar with PDFs and
had created some in the past.

Which brings me to the problem. One of the PDFs was
created from a Word file that no longer exists. During
the examination of one of my PDFs, they noticed that I
had incorporated bookmarks and they liked them.
Unfortunately, their PDFs weren't created with
bookmarks.

So, my boss asked me if I could create bookmarks for
one or two of their existing PDFs and for the life of
me, I cannot find the capability within Exchange to
mark text for bookmarks.

BTW...I'm using version Excahnge, v3.01

Am I missing something?

Thanks