Winhelp 2000 view troubleshooting, part I

Subject: Winhelp 2000 view troubleshooting, part I
From: jane <judydh -at- TOTAL -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:01:06 -0400

Hi all

I am using RH7.  Recently I put together a help file using the winhelp 2000 view.  People take the required dll from my public directory to put in their system32 directory to view the help file as it was intended, until it is included in the software build. Everyone can still view my help file. It's my machine that is the problem. Now I don't get the winhelp 2000 view, even though I still have the appropriate DLL.

Since building the help, I have deinstalled Visual C++ and IE 3.  I have reinstalled IE 4.0, version 4.72.2106.8, with all its GUI enhancements and wunderz.

I don't even know where to begin troubleshooting. Any tech support/help authors have a clue? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jane Sorensen
Visual Edge Software, Ltd.