Re: MS Word Templates

Subject: Re: MS Word Templates
From: JEFFREY GAGE <JGAGE -at- PRIMALBILLING -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 15:12:17 -0700

This might sound a little crazy, but if all you want to do is restore the original defalts that came with Word, try this:

Close Word 97
Find and Delete Normal.dot
Open Word 97 and it'll recreate the Normal.dot file with the original defalts.

Caution: Try this if you are sure you know what you are doing. This method will delete all your custom macros, including a fem macros that RoboHelp created.

Hope this helps

_________________
Jeff Gage
(949) 221-8529
Primal Billing Solutions

>>> Gil Yaker <gyaker -at- CSC -dot- COM> 07/02 12:24 PM >>>
Help, I'm going nuts here!

I'm trying to get the standard .dot stylesheet in MS Word to be active,
that is the style sheet that's the default that should be included whenever
you start MS word. Somehow the styles that I use for my robohelp projects
load up instead. I've tried to re-attach normal.dot which has a create date
of months ago when this worked, but to no avail.

Is there a separate file than the .dot that contains styles in Word?

Is there a good reference for all the features of word that seem to only
half work? Like figure numbering, styles, formatting, placing images,
creating TOCs? Sorry, but I'm feeling quite bitter towards MS at the
moment.

Gil Yaker
gyaker -at- csc -dot- com
Computer Sciences Corporation