Re: The telecommuting myth

Subject: Re: The telecommuting myth
From: Ann Howell <ahowell -at- POOLMAIL -dot- DOLPHINSOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 13:23:58 -0400

I just started a new job where the atmosphere is relatively informal. The
writers get individual projects and it is up to us to get them done on time,
however we decide to go about it. Most of us are in the office everyday, but
I've noticed that the others may work from home during part of the day at least
a few days a week. As soon as I've built up a little tenure I hope to do the
same thing. While I think office comraderie is important, I think it's nice to
know that your employer trusts you enough to give you a little flexibility. From
past experience, I tend to work really well at home, but I think I would go nuts
without some interaction with colleagues during the day (e-mail and phone calls
can sometimes suffice).

Anyway, I think it comes down to personal preference, the type of work involved
and the nauture of the organization. The technology for successful telecommuting
is there -- there's no reason not to take advantage of it.

Ann Howell
Dolphin Software Services, ULC.
http://dolphinsoftware.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=