Re: Localization updates of Winhelp

Subject: Re: Localization updates of Winhelp
From: Tom Brophy <tom -at- TCRAFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 15:46:58 +0100

Hi Martin,

> Hi, all. I'm wondering if anyone has had to deal with this before. I've
> done this with Frame, which is fairly easy due to the changebars. You just
> produce a PDF with change bars showing and tell the localization people to
> only worry about the changebar-ed sections. But how would you do this with
> Winhelp (Robohelp 7, specifically)?
> If at all possible, I'd like to avoid the localizations having to be done
> from scratch every time.

There are several CAT tools on the market that can handle Frame (mifs), RTFs
and Html files. In general terms, changebars/revision marking is a PITA.
You'll find it's a lot less grief and a lot less error-prone to use
translation memories. Places you might visit include:
http://www.trados.com - Trados, WinAlign, S-Tagger products
http://www.star-ag.ch - Transit, TermStar, WebStat and others
http://www.atril.com - Déjà Vu

Cheers,