"Licensing" for a contract writer

Subject: "Licensing" for a contract writer
From: joe malone <joe -at- MANAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 14:46:42 -0700

I use FrameMaker, Quadralay Publisher, Snagit, Photoshop, Visio, and
Word, plus a few other programs from time to time, as a technical

Now I need to bring a contract writer on for 40 or 80 hours, say, to sit
at some temporary computer, such as one left open by a vacationing
programmer, to help out on a project.

My manager asks, are all the software products above licensed for use by
this second person? Well, hmmm, I never considered this before: just
have had somebody in to do a little work, and leave. Do I need to
contact each of these software folks (actually, most of the programs are
off the shelf) and get a second copy or license, or what?

The rules are probably spelled out in all that text at the beginning of
the installation wizards, but i confess I've never read it...

I have fired off messages to tech support at quadralay and adobe...

Thanks in advance.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: FW: Cataloging graphics?
Next by Author: "Guided Tour" - Preferred tool?
Previous by Thread: CLEI experience
Next by Thread: Re: "Licensing" for a contract writer

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads